- Automatic report update: can be set to gather new data monthly, weekly, daily, or hourly depending on the needs of the team
- Gathers key metrics: impressions, clicks, conversions, cost
- Calculates other useful metrics: click-through rate, daily run rate, projected monthly spend
- Allows the user to input budget for each account, providing more metrics: remaining budget, suggested daily run rate
- Conditional formatting to provide an at-a-glance summary of which accounts need to spend more/less
This script went through several versions. The initial prototype only outputted the last 30 days’ cost, impressions, clicks, and conversions data, and calculated the remaining budget. Additional features were added after discussions with the PPC team made it clear they would be helpful.
In addition, the code has gone through several alterations, independently of feature additions – mainly to streamline it. For example, in a previous version, metrics were collected daily and added to a sheet, then each column of that sheet was added together to produce a final result in a separate sheet. Now, data is collected as often as is desired, and there are no redundant sheets.
I wish I could post the code for you to use, but this project and its code are proprietary. However, if you’d like me to build something similar for you, feel free to contact me – I’d be happy to discuss!